P.B.& J. (The Paige and Blake Journey)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Monday's Lesson Learnt-----> Never, ever, EVER leave the house with the "assumption" that you have an extra outfit in the diaper bag!!!! I went shopping at IKEA, and after a long couple of hours browsing, choosing and paying, I took Paige to feed her in the food area. I heated up her jar of sweet potatoes and feed the entire thing to her. She was eating like a pro, also downed an entire jar of applesauce...then it happened. She made a gagging face and spewed her entire lunch contents violently all over me, herself, the highchair and the floor below us. It was not even a "gentle" vomit...it was horror show worthy!! It was a strong stream, huge and powerful! I stripped her there in the dining area down her diaper. I then dug in the diaper bag for an extra outfit only to discover....NOTHING!! I had no spare clothes to put her in!! I left her in her diaper in the shopping cart, cleaned what I could off of the IKEA property, then put her touque, mitts and jacket on. Then bundled her in my jacket and headed for the car. So, lesson learnt. NEVER leave home without a sure confirmation that a spare outfit is indeed in the diaper bag.

3 Comments:

  • LOL maybe she has a future in horror movies like Linda Blair. Hmm... she can puke in orange but can she do it in green?? Just a thought.

    By Blogger Jenn, At 10:50 a.m.  

  • Oh my goodness! I will remember to pack at least 2 outfits based on this story!

    By Blogger missmarble, At 10:13 p.m.  

  • No kidding:) This is really good to know!

    By Blogger Denise, At 1:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home