P.B.& J. (The Paige and Blake Journey)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Today at work I at my lunch on my way to my car......and then slept! How terrible is that? I got a solid 50 minute sleep in my front seat! It was awesome!

I snuck after work to buy Darren's Birthday/Anniversay/Father's Day present. Don't tell him, but he's getting a new lawn mower from Lee Valley Tools. I researched around, and I think he'll really like this one. Now to find enough wrapping paper to wrap this sucker and leave it for him to find on his birthday. I am just lucky it fit in my trunk!

Supper was a snap because I put a roast in the slow cooker this morning, so all I had to do was make rice and peas to go with it. I put the second half of the roast - all cut up after we finished eating back in the slow cooker and turned the "jus" in to a gravy, and tomorrow we eat Sloppy Joes/Hot Roast Beef on a bun.

OH - and here is a side note. I am soo happy to have found one of my long lost childhood friend's Kate. I have been searching for her ever since "The Internet" was invented! I can't believe how different we are! The only thing we have in common is our past, and we have daughters one month in age difference. She has a 5 month old boy now, and is a single parent. I can't wait to meet up with her and catch up. I have sooo many fun memories of her and my childhood. (Well....Grades 3 to 5!!!)

3 Comments:

  • Your nap story made me laugh! When I was pregnant,I had a special tote bag in my car, with a light blanket, and a neck pillow, just for such a purpose! I would set the alarm on my cell phone, and nap away. It felt so good! Whatever works for you is just fine.

    By Blogger missmarble, At 11:39 p.m.  

  • So how did Darren like his new lawn mower?

    By Blogger Keltie, At 11:24 a.m.  

  • Oh Carrie, I am happy to hear I am not the only one napping on my breaks. I am DEFINETLY going to steal your idea to keep a neck pillow and a light blanket!!!

    The Lawn mower - he was very excited, but not excited enough to actually take it out of my trunk yet!!!

    By Blogger Dallas, At 11:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home